Tunnel Barrel & Drum was founded in 1904 by John Urcioli. In those days, most of the barrels were made of wood and the company had the reputation for reconditioning and selling the highest quality product available.
Named for its location on the New York side of the Holland Tunnel, the company relocated to New Jersey in the late fifties. The Carlstadt plant and headquarters was opened in 1966 and is custom designed to offer the size and flexibility for expanding operations.
Current President Anthony Urcioli joined the company in 1962 and has presided over Tunnel's transition to servicing newer types of drums with more modern technology.
Though the company has gone through a complete evolution since it was established at the beginning of the century, the same dedication to quality and service is still an essential component of the Tunnel Barrel and Drum philosophy.